- Contact Citizens Advice by email or use the daytime or evening adviceline on 0808 278 7842 for advice on debt, energy costs, benefits.
- Age UK Somerset also provides help with benefits and scams advice for older people.
- If you need immediate money for food or heating, you can access the Somerset Household Support Fund, professionals can help you with this, if needed.
- You can find a nearby warm welcome space, or food and activities for eligible children at weekends.
- You can seek help with Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, claiming a discretionary award and Public and Community Transport.
- Get support with lifelong learning and finding and keeping a job.
If you are worried about losing your home then please contact us as early as you can, as we offer homelessness advice, assistance and referrals.
In an emergency, phone 0300 123 2224 or 0300 123 2327 out of hours.
- Open Mental Health supports adults mental health and Mindline (open to all ages) can be reached on 0800 138 1692 or online chat (8pm to 11pm).
- Support for children and young people is available through Young Somerset, the health and wellbeing toolkit, and the Tellmi app.
- For young people aged 11 to 19 there are free online forums, guides and counselling at Kooth.
- There are lots of activities for body and mind at SASP.
- You can also make a CAMHS referral through CAMHS Single Point of Access.
- If you are over 65 and are feeling lonely and/or isolated Age UK Somerset are here to help.
- For health-related support at home, or in the community you may wish to contact your local Village Agent for help.
- Somerset Sight and deafPLUS also support with sight and hearing loss needs.
Problems with drugs or alcohol
There is advice and support for young people, adults, and their family members if substance misuse is a problem.
Contact Somerset Drug and Alcohol Service or phone 0300 303 8788 any time.